Ubisoft has unleashed their first reveal trailer for Assassin’s Creed III showcasing the newly introduced assassin, Connor Ratohnhake, a half English half Mohawk Indian with vintage assassin dexterity. Still centered around the power struggle of the Assassin’s and the Templars, this latest trailer displays a determined Connor utilizing his cat like quickness and reflexes to mercilessly cut down British soldier in a snow-filled forest setting.
G4 offers up an in-game combat update fans can expect from this upcoming iteration;
* The tomahawk and knife are a “constant presence” in battle. They let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, as well as chain kills.
* There’s no more target locking. Counter/defense are the same button to prevent defensive turtling.
* You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
* There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y button.
* There’s a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
* There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the button to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target.
Assassin’s Creed III is scheduled for release October 31, 2012 for PS3 and Xbox 360.