Funcom has announced an ambitious monthly update plan for its recently released modern-day massively multiplayer online game ‘The Secret World’. Every month going forward Funcom will be releasing comprehensive game updates filled to the brim with new content such as storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements and even entire world regions. These updates will serve players new experiences every month, ensuring there is always something new to discover in The Secret World.
The first update will be released July 31st and details on what is included in the update will be made available later this week. In his first State of the Game to the community published today, Mr. Tørnquist also revealed a high-level overview of what players can expect further down the line, including:
- Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
- New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
- Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
- Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
- A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
- Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
- Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
- Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
- More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
- Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
- And much, much more!