With 6 month into its open beta, Digital Extremes free to play cooperative shooter, WARFRAME, is receiving one of its most robust updates with this weeks arrival of Update 10: Shadows of the Dead.
Releasing this Friday to be exact, this new update celebrates over 4 million Tenno strong with new Warframes, new environments, new weapons, new game modes and more – including the introduction of the Conclaves. There is more on this below.
Two New WARFRAMES
Nekros – the first Necromancer joins the Tenno. Nekros uses his dark powers to manipulate his enemies, both living and dead.
Mag Prime – Mag Prime joins the ranks of Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime as the newest elite Tenno.
New Mission Type
Survival Weekend, one of our recent events, had players testing a new game mode in which Tenno were deployed onto ships in the sector to raid oxygen caches and distract enemies. Great community feedback following the weekend has led us to add Survival as a new mode within Warframe!
Duels are no longer restricted to clans! An ancient Tenno tradition has reemerged, THE CONCLAVES have started appearing throughout the Solar Map. Here the Tenno meet in secret to challenge each another in honorable combat. 1v1 and 2v2 Conclaves have been added through the Solar Map.
… and there’s so much more!
- NEW SENTINEL – The “Carrier” has the ability to detect and collect items -including mods – throughout the room for its master.
- NEW TILESET – Orokin Derelict Spacecraft – Ancient vessels dead and drifting through space. Relics of the Orokin age.
- NEW BOSS – Located in the Orokin Derelict, Infested Golem awaits!
- EXPANDED LEVEL – The Grineer Settlement has been expanded with even more exciting gameplay.
- NEW CLAN RESEARCH – Three new infested weapons – including a Primary, Secondary and Melee – to be crafted using a new component!
- NEW WEAPONS – Ether Scythe, Tenno Assualt Rifle, PLUS new Prime weapons — Boar Prime and Dakka Prime.
- 18 NEW MOD CARDS – New Glaive mods add puncture, flight speed and rebound + and -, the Energy Life mod drains any remaining Energy on death and converts, Finishing Touch mod increases damage to knocked down enemies and the Spare Parts mod offers the chance to spawn a rare resource when a sentinel dies, to name just a few!
- UPDATES AND NEW ACCESSORIES FOR THE CLAN DOJO – Including a Zen Garden vanity room as well as new Zen Garden, statue and drum decorations.
Just a reminder to all you early PS4 adopters, WARFRAME will be a free to play launch title for Sony’s next-generation system beginning on November 15th.