Swedish indie development team Coffee Stain Studios announced today the first downloadable content for Sanctum 2 on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 is now available. The Sanctum 2 Expansion Pack brings together the first two DLC packs from the PC version of Sanctum 2 – Road To Elysion and Ruins of Brightholme. Now, fans will take on lethal new enemies, utilize upgraded tower structures, and brandish new wicked weaponry in this unique hybrid of first-person shooting action and tower defense. For this weekend, Sanctum 2 is available for the special promo price of $4.99 (regularly available for $14.99).
Sanctum 2 Expansion Pack Key Features:
- Contains first two expansion packs for Sanctum 2 on PC: Road To Elysion and Ruins of Brightholme.
- New Playable Character – TSYGAN, the “Rogue Insurgent,” reveals the sinister origins to the colonization of LOEK III.
- Eight New Unique Maps – Bigger maps feature interactive elements that trigger events such as explosive traps and rising toxic liquid areas.
- Four Powerful Weapons – From the rapid-firing Gatling Laser to the decapitating attacks of the Circle Saw, new destructive toys bring dangerous fun.
- Four Additional Tower Defense Options – New tower defense structures include the range-increasing Range Spire, Rupture Mine Dispenser that produces mines that damage enemies based on the speed and distance traveled, and the unusually, random Makeshift Towers can fire with critical damage or shutdown at any time.
- Ferocious New Enemies – Mutated human horrors, high-leaping Jumpers that can vault over wall defenses in a single bound, and pesky flying boss monsters will challenge even the most-skilled Sanctum 2 players.
- Tons of Perks – More than a dozen new fun perks have been added to customize character’s abilities.
Combining key gameplay elements of both tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, Sanctum 2 players take on the role of an elite soldier whose mission is to protect the oxygen-producing Cores from hordes of deadly aliens who are threatened by their existence. Players set up defensive towers to take out the waves of attacking enemies and then jump head-on into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer.