Spark Plug Games, the indie dev out of Cary, NC has announced that MechRunner will in fact be launching this summer on Steam (Windows/Mac/Linux), PS4 and PS Vita.
MechRunner is a high-octane endless action game that casts you as a powerful mode-changing mech. Blast your way through decimated urban landscapes at incredible speeds while switching between robot and tank modes to rain punishment on endless waves of mechanical foes. MechRunner features exciting, non-stop action, stunning 3D visuals and a Hollywood-style soundtrack.
Other features of the game include:
- Switch between mech and tank modes on-the-fly
- Slice & dice enemy units with your sword
- Rescue civilians for extra points and awards
- Access an extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
- Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
- Numerous enemy types each with different tactics (and weaknesses)
- Epic boss battles
- A dynamically shifting environment offers unexpected obstacles, cover and danger
- Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
Spark Plug is also announcing the launch of a Kickstarter campaign to help the studio add some final polish items in anticipation of the Summer launch. “MechRunner is feature complete.” said Spark Plug President John O’Neill. “But we realized that, with a little extra push here at the end, there’s a lot we could do to make playing MechRunner even more memorable for gamers and mech fans alike. We’re excited to engage with fans, get their feedback, and partner with them while we wrap things up. We’ve also got some fantastic backer rewards!”
Among the rewards offered by the team, backers will have an opportunity to play the game early, receive exclusive in-game content, the game’s soundtrack, t-shirts, and more, as well as limited edition collectable statues and even a chance to collaborate with the team to create new game content. The Kickstarter campaign is live and will run through May 16th, 2014.
The Kickstarter page can be viewed here: HERE