During the CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com Summer Conference, GOG.com ushered in a new era of DRM-free gaming with the announcement of GOG Galaxy, its brand new technology that places unparalleled freedom over online play and connectivity back in the hands of gamers. With this an entirely optional platform, players can dive into online multiplayer portions of their favorite games, while enjoying single-player anytime they please without needing an internet connection. GOG Galaxy is designed to be a platform-agnostic online solution, allowing GOG.com and Steam players – with more platforms to be added in the future – to game together. An optional client will be introduced later this year to allow for easy game updating, and GOG.com has already begun working with developers to implement the technology in their games.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt pre-order offer at GOG.com includes:
- An instantly-available copy of Neverwinter Nights™, the award-winning Dungeons & Dragons (www.dungeonsanddragons.com) game, an inspiration for generations of developers
- A great pre-order price and, on top of it, up to 10% off for players who already own The Witcher and its sequel The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- A Fair Price Package for gamers living in regions where the price is higher than in the U.S.: get back the price difference in form of in-store coupons to grab other GOG.com games!
- Two multiplayer beta-access keys to The Witcher Adventure Game, coming soon
- Tons of bonus goodies such as the digital artbook, The Witcher comic book, bonus music tracks and desktop wallpapers
- Guaranteed more great goodies that will pop up during the pre-order period
You can watch a full recap of the CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com Summer Conference here for all of the details about GOG Galaxy, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt pre-orders and The Witcher Adventure Game.