Team Junkfish has announced that their survival horror labyrinth “Monstrum” will be launching on Steam Early Access on the January 29, 2015, with a prospective full launch in Q2 2015.
Frequently cited as one of the horror games to look out for in 2015, Monstrum takes the traditional survival horror formula and remixes it completely with its procedurally generated levels, permadeath and AI driven predators ensuring that nowhere on its derelict cargo ship is every truly safe.
As part of the Early Access launch Monstrum will be available at a discounted price of £9.99/$14.99/€12.50, which will increase to £11.99/$17.99/€14.99 when the game launches fully.
Check out the announcement trailer below if you haven’t seen it already. Also, be sure to check out the next video which gives you a ‘Making of’ taste of the experience.
Monstrum “Making of”
Early Access Features
The initial Early Access version of Monstrum will feature:
- Two unique monsters, each with their own tracking methods and hunting styles
- Three potential escape routes, each with their own challenges to solve
- Four ship sections to navigate through
- A procedurally generated environment, no ship is ever the same.
- A variety of distractions, hiding places and tools to aid your survival
Full Release Features
The full release of Monstrum will include:
- Three monsters in total
- Five varied ship sections, with their own environmental traps and hazards
- Oculus Rift support