The eighth expansion of the action MMORPG set in the Dungeons & Dragons’ Forgotten Realms universe known as Neverwinter: Underdarkis now available on PC with the Xbox One version to follow in early 2016. Join forces with Drizzt Do’Urden and his companions summoned to battle demonic forces erupting from the Underdark, including an all-new 10-player encounter against the Prince of Demons, Demogorgon.
As the story goes, when a spell turns against the Archmage of Menzoberranzan, powerful demons spill into the Underdark, beginning a series of events that coincide with the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast. Neverwinter: Underdark lets players jump into that story to battle these demons and send them back to the Abyss. Full of new content and quality-of-life updates, this expansion continues to improve the constantly-evolving MMORPG.
The full list of additions includes:
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, “The Dwarven King”, written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
“It’s great to see that our friends at Cryptic are just as susceptible to demonic invasion as the rest of the D&D community,” said Nathan Stewart, Brand Director of Dungeons & Dragons. “Here’s hoping Neverwinter players are able to stave off the sinuous madness that Demogorgon can produce in even the most stalwart of heroes, Drizzt included.”