CCP today launched the Carrier Assault update for EVE: Valkyrie, the VR game for Oculus Rift, which launched in March 2016. Carrier Assault is the first major free update to EVE: Valkyrie. In addition to the all-new Carrier Assault multiplayer game mode, EVE: Valkyrie pilots will also be getting the new Crossroads map, the new Boost Gate feature and loads of other improvements and updates.
Carrier Assault is a three-stage objective-based mode that takes VR space combat to explosive new heights. Until now the enemy’s carrier has been off limits in EVE: Valkyrie. In the Carrier Assault game mode, players now have the opportunity to get up close and personal, battering down the enemy carrier’s defences and carving out a path to deliver the killer blow and put it out of action in an explosive finale.
The Carrier Assault update also includes:
- A new multiplayer map: Crossroads
- New Echoes, Salvage, and Survival single-player missions
- New Boost Gates in multiplayer maps that bring an increased sense of speed and add new combat tactics
- Match bonuses that give players additional experience for completing matches, regardless of the outcome
- Ship balancing – Many of the game’s ships have updated stats based on feedback from the EVE: Valkyrie community
- Improvements to AI behaviour and other fixes
The Carrier Assault update is available now for all owners of EVE: Valkyrie on Oculus Rift via a mandatory update on Oculus Home. It will be included in the game at launch for PlayStation VR this October, and for HTC Vive in 2016.