mk2, a leading French cinema operator, today announced the grand opening of “mk2 VR,” its permanent, premium space dedicated to experiencing the best of Virtual Reality. Through a strategic partnership with BNP Paribas, mk2 adds the mk2 VR experience to its Paris multiplex, mk2 Bibliothèque, France’s third largest movie theater with nearly 2 million attendees per year. Located in the heart of Paris’ new ‘tech district’, the mk2 VR facility offers consumers access to the latest VR technologies and exclusive content from some of the leading VR developers from around the world – all under one roof!
Accessible to everyone, mk2 VR showcases all the latest cutting-edge VR technologies from companies such as Oculus Rift, Sony PlayStation VR, HTC VIVE, MSI and more. Through these technologies, consumers can access VR experiences that span from fictions and games to fully immersive interactive programmed content. Users can come to mk2 VR to experience VR content that meets at the crossroads of fiction, documentary, gaming and art.
“We are bringing VR to a multiplex-like environment with the opening of the first-ever entertainment venue fully dedicated to upscale VR experiences,” said Elisha Karmitz, general director, mk2. “mk2 VR’s concept offers consumers a lively, culture-filled facility focused on VR and good times, and that is why mk2 VR features ‘Le Perchoir mk2,’ a terrace bar developed in association with one of the trendiest rooftop and open air bar chains now in Paris, Le Perchoir. For anyone looking for a new experience, wanting to enjoy VR technologies or just having a drink in a cheerful environment, mk2 VR is poised to be the ‘go to’ place on the forefront of this latest revolution in entertainment.”
mk2 VR Hours of Operation:
mk2 VR is open from Wednesday to Sunday, holidays and every day during school breaks. Private space can be reserved upon request at www.mk2vr.com.
•Wednesday 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
•Thursday 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
•Friday 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
•Saturday 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM
•Sunday 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Tickets (can only be purchased at mk2 VR):
•20 minutes: 12 euros
•40 minutes: 20 euros
On opening day, mk2 VR will feature VR content, including:
· Birdly by SOMNIACS: The best VR flight simulator, exclusively at mk2 VR.
· Assassin’s Creed Experience VR by Twentieth Century Fox
· Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One X-Wing VR Mission by Electronic Arts
· The Climb by Crytek
· Homebound Joyride by Quixel
· Introduction to VR by Felix & Paul Studios
· The Walk by smartVR Studio
· Eagle Flight by Ubisoft
· Ocean Descent by Sony London Studio
· Space Pirate by I-illusion
· Holofit by Holodia
mk2 VR in brief:
· An interactive space spread over 300 square meters (3300 sq. ft.)
· In the heart of Paris’ “3.0 district” near the BNF François Mitterrand library and Halle Freyssinet, Europe’s biggest start-up campus (opening soon)
· 12 “VR pods” for individual experiences
· The latest technology – HTC VIVE, PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift and MSi
· 1.5 million euros invested
· 100,000 visitors expected in 2017