Bluehole, Inc., announced today that that as of September 1, PlayerUnknown’s Battleground or PUBG for short has now sold over 10 million copies since its Steam Early Access launch on March 23, 2017.
PUBG also set a new mark for peak concurrent users (e.g. CCU) with over 970,000, highlighted by the strong reception at the PUBG Invitational at gamescom 2017. During the four day PUBG Invitational tournament event:
- 92 players from 19 different countries globally competed in four different PUBG game modes (solo, duo, duo-fpp, squad)
- PUBG Invitational was officially broadcast across nine streaming platforms including Mixer, Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, PandaTV, AfreecaTV, Kakao TV, Naver and Openrec
- Peak online viewership on Twitch official channels was 536,000 on first day (solo mode)
- Peak online viewership on PandaTV official channels was 5.6 million on first day (solo mode)
- The charity donation pledge is currently being finalized with an announcement coming soon.
PUBG s now available on Steam Early Access and is launching exclusively on Xbox One as part of the Xbox Game Preview program in late 2017, with the final version launching in early 2018 across the Xbox One family of devices.