Ahoy, space-huntsmen! Indie publisher Digerati is bringing Blacksea Odyssey, a savage, top-down rogue-lite space shoot ‘em up RPG brimming with colossal creatures and runic technologies to PS4 on July 10th and 11th to the US and EU, respectively.
Developed by Team Blacksea Odyssey, the game has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam and garnered an enthusiastic response from the gaming press. Twinfinite awarded the PC version of Blacksea Odyssey 4 out of 5, calling it “a bizarre and wonderful game”, while IndieGames astutely pointed out: “You surf on a missile and use a harpoon to rip limbs off of giant space monsters… if that doesn’t pique your interest, then I don’t know what will.”
Blacksea Odyssey will also be released in Asia, via publishing partner Eastasiasoft Limited. The PS4 digital version will launch July 12th.
• Brutal dismemberment: eviscerate deadly beasts by ripping them apart with your harpoon
• Massive bosses: take down true behemoths so colossal they span multiple screens
• Destructible everything: blast through space-scape environments with your ship, spear or harpoon
• Action-packed combat: reminiscent of classic top-down shooters mixed with modern RPG and rogue-like mechanics
• Expansive customization: forge millions of runic modifications for your spear and ship
• Hardcore rogue-like elements: perma-death, procedural levels, and incredible replayability
• Trophy Hunters: features a full set of Trophies, including a Platinum