Developer White Paper Games today updated their Twitter account with the announcement that their first-person, fixed time, investigative thriller, The Occupation, has been moved to an official launch date of February 5, 2019 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
We've finally been able to lock the release date of The Occupation to 5th March, 2019. We've had to wait a little longer to get organised on all the platforms but we've had the green light so we should be able to share our last 4 years of work with you VERY soon. pic.twitter.com/MFwTBXndnA— White Paper Games (@WhitePaperGames) January 16, 2019
It’s 1987 in North West England; A time of 80’s British pop, grand architecture and political unrest. An explosion has triggered a controversial act which threatens to erode civil liberties of the population to be rushed into place. You are tasked with investigating and questioning people on their actions from a tumultuous night which resulted in the loss of many lives. Each person has a different account of the night’s event and you must use the tools at your disposal to get the results you need for your investigation.
Will you take the most direct route at the risk of getting caught, or plan your approach carefully whilst precious time ticks by? Events happen in real-time and you must make decisions based on the evidence.
The Occupation Includes…
- A clock-watching narrative thriller with multiple outcomes
- Politically driven themes highlighting the shades of grey people believe to be hard facts
- Events that happen in real-time, forcing you to choose between the careful and methodical vs the direct and disruptive approach
- Rich world building based on British architecture with mature themes giving you a great sense of the people who lived, worked and lost their lives here
- Evidence gathering by any means necessary
- Player choice and freedom to explore
- A complex narrative web of truths, lies and accidents