Project Winter, from developers Other Ocean, has seen the demise of many a survivor and traitor in the last two weeks since launching into Steam Early Access. Many of the best betrayals were caught on camera in a new gameplay video featuring some of the world’s top gaming influencers!
After a busy launch into Early Access, Other Ocean has no plans to slow down. They have released a Project Winter roadmap which details their plans for the game during Early Access and beyond. Here are a few of the upgrades and improvements coming to Project Winter in the coming months:
- Host your own lobbies, with the option of password protecting them for private sessions with friends. See what the primary language of a lobby is and join the one you prefer.
- New maps with more varied objectives and chances to sabotage!
- New cosmetics and event-based progression trees
- More varied weapons like a silent crossbow and automatic rifles
- Nvidia Highlights to capture those traitorous moments
- + More
- A rare truth serum that will privately reveal another player’s role to the user
- Items like energy drinks can be found and used to give players extra health, warmth or hunger stats, allowing them to stay out and survive longer
- When few survivors remain, they will receive a special airdrop that can’t be accessed by traitors, giving them a chance to repair the objectives on their own or go out in a blaze of glory
- + More
- Swap outfits with a corpse and confuse your enemies!
- Traitors will be able to see the traps placed by their comrade
- New traitor airdrop abilities (ex: reveal the survivor’s health bars above their heads)
- Traitors will have an expanded arsenal of unique contextual actions for interfering with the survivors, enabling them to better slow the survivors down at the risk of being identified
- + More