Author Topic: Noticed something in the ViDoc  (Read 1345 times)

Ukumio

• View Profile
Noticed something in the ViDoc
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:44:27 AM »
So I was watching the ViDoc today, just putting something on the tele to drown out the silence, and I looked up to notice something, in the view of our solar system there are some oddities I noticed.

First and foremost, there are only 7 planets (and Pluto), Mercury seems to be missing. Now I know some can argue that this isn't meant to be that detailed, so I'm going to leave the question out there, does Mercury still exist or is it just hidden by the blindingly bright sun?

Next I'm going to ask the question that still has me wondering, why does Mars appear blue? In all of the concept images we've seen it's been red, but here you can see it is clearly blue, and also bigger then Earth but I'm going to leave scale out of this. I mean it can't be a mistake can it? I mean this whole image would make a lot more sense if the blue planet was Earth and the missing planet was Mars instead of Mercury. But they wouldn't leave out Mars? I mean I know this isn't really detailed but it is detailed enough that Jupiter has a moon (which I've labelled Europa) so why would they leave out Mars which plays host to the Cabal?

Well I'm done, except for two other small oddities I don't really care about but I'm going to put them here so they can be discussed. Jupiter appears Blue where I've always seen it in images as a mix of colours that range between white and red. And lastly, is it just me or does the sun look bluish? Is it possible that this isn't even our solar system but instead just a random grouping of planets that Bungie threw together so they had some cool looking 3 second transition? Sound off below with your opinions or just to tell me I spend too much time reading into stuff that doesn't matter.
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Shepardo

• View Profile
Re: Noticed something in the ViDoc
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:13:49 AM »
First good spot but I have to ask did you label the planets or did Bungie?

Mercury does still exist as a planet in our solar system so it is strange to not see it, In the future the Sun will eventually engulf Mercury so could Destiny be set that far in the future?

The Planets to me look all over the place if they we just on a blank piece of paper I would happily name them but its pretty impossible when they are set like that, providing its not an illusion of the Camera (Metaphorically)

If its in the distant future it could be possible that:
Mercury has been engulfed by the Sun,
Earth has Dried out being to close to the Sun,
Mars has moved into the Habitable zone, Melting its ice caps and retaining water. (Maybe humans took water with them also),
Saturn's rings have been Mined for its resources,

So that's my theory for the Planets them selves.

Jupiter shouldn't be blue and Saturn looks bigger so i think Jupiter should be on the right and the 2 big blue planets Neptune and Uranus with Saturn instead of Uranus but It just doesn't make sense when the Planets are aligned like that.
At Night we look up at the unreachable expanse but it is in our "Destiny" to lay down a path and strive for Greatness.

Stevedoggen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
It's because the image is on an angle and you're viewing it from the wrong perspective. imagine that its not a view from above, but rather from closer to side on, where they are all in a line.

and the labeling should be:
venus = mercury
earth = venus
mars = earth
europa = mars
jupiter = saturn
saturn = jupiter

Mars is in front of saturn due to the angle. They are still ages away from one another.
Embrace yo' Destiny, and kick ass in the process!

Shepardo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »
Yea I get that and I agree that labeling them how you did gets them in the right order but there are still questions like;
Why is Saturn Blue with no rings, Mars then appears to be smaller than Mercury (I understand the perspective but its a massive size drop). If Mars is effectively the other side of the Sun to give the right size perspective it should be bright and red too.

I find the trails behind the planets interesting as I agree that its not a top down shot but the trails arc in a near circle which would indicate a more top down shot.
At Night we look up at the unreachable expanse but it is in our "Destiny" to lay down a path and strive for Greatness.

Stevedoggen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
Yea I get that and I agree that labeling them how you did gets them in the right order but there are still questions like;
Why is Saturn Blue with no rings, Mars then appears to be smaller than Mercury (I understand the perspective but its a massive size drop). If Mars is effectively the other side of the Sun to give the right size perspective it should be bright and red too.

I find the trails behind the planets interesting as I agree that its not a top down shot but the trails arc in a near circle which would indicate a more top down shot.

I dunno ay. I suppose it was a pic not designed for accuracy but rather to encourage the idea of explorational freedom.
Embrace yo' Destiny, and kick ass in the process!

Shepardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 11:39:02 AM »

I dunno ay. I suppose it was a pic not designed for accuracy but rather to encourage the idea of explorational freedom.

Defiantly, especially if it was one of Bungies "Postcards"(Something like that) where they talked about having to bring the rest of the team up to scratch.
I don't think its anything Major but it raises questions on simple things for me.