In addition a new app known as ‘ATLAS’ (Assisted Tactical Assault System) will be available, providing close to real-time player intel and tactical guidance for your online Halo: Reach and Halo: Anniversary multiplayer gameplay experience.
ATLAS will be able to reveal battlefield locations of weapons, even if the weapon has been picked up and dropped in a completely different location. Talk about adding a high tech tactical advantages to the online experience – wow!
ATLAS will is run you $4.99 on iOS and Android devices, and free on Windows Phone 7. Halo: Waypoint will be free of charge. Gamers can expect the English version of the ATLAS app at launch with the French, German, and Spanish version arriving later.
– Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games.
– Health pack locations.
– Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games.
– Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map.
– ‘Follow me’ mode to track your movement.
– Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates.