Call of Cthulhu is officially set to unleash madness when the game releases for consoles and PC on October 30. Recently, during Gamescom 2018 developer Cyanide Studio shared some all-new gameplay, taken from Edward Pierce’s investigations within the Hawkins Mansion.
In Call of Cthulhu, feel the influence of Lovecraftian Old Gods and other cosmic horrors, as you delve into the circumstances behind the tragic deaths of the Hawkins family. Helped and hindered by the mysterious locals of Darkwater Island, your journey cuts the line between sanity and madness as the hunt for truth brings Pierce ever closer to the Great Dreamer.
This 4 minute gameplay trailer takes place during the early stages of Pierce’s investigation, though the influence of the Great Old Ones is already creeping into effect. To uncover the truth, players must unearth clues, interrogate locals, solve crime scenes, and overcome dangers both physical and mental.
- Investigative RPG set in the Lovecraft Universe, developed with Unreal Engine 4.
- Play as Edward Pierce and shed light on the Sarah Hawkins murder, while facing the horrors of a grim island filled with monstrosities lurking in the dark.
- Doubt your own senses and experience true madness, thanks to the game’s unique sanity and psychosis crisis mechanics. Enhance your character’s abilities and use new skills to discover the truth.
- Recruit and lead a small team of investigators, sending them across the island to solve various cases.
- Experience rich, open exploration, full of deep dialogue with meaningful choices that impact the narrative and relationships with your companions.